Saturday, November 24, 2007

My Vision for a Ministry of Prayer

It happened quite unexpectedly while I was in the attic praying.
In a moment's time, God let me see into His purpose for me related
to prayer.
The following is what I scribbled down on a scratch piece of paper
in an effort to preserve the vision the way He revealed it.

"Trekking through a great expanse,
A whiteout causing all sight to fail,
I walked on groping for a solid north star,
A purpose for the journey on.
Then a huge structure stood before me,
Giant stones inlaid with wooden beams, a massive cathedral!
When I entered the front door all was still,
As I pushed the storm behind me,
A tomb, still dry and warm, so very warm,
Inviting me to enter the sanctuary.
Yes, it was to this place all my failed attempts had built me for.
The expanse of the chamber made me breathless.
And just as I was to kneel upon the polished granite floor,
And face the altar, the sacred place of union;
A voice beckoned me away.
I walked down into the dungeon, a crypt, dark and boding,
And inside the belly of this cave, I came into a room,
Where a hot roaring fire licked upward,
Too far to see the top,
And the words now were clear, chilling, but distinct.
“You are the tender of the fire.
You will work alone, away,
And live the fullness of my love in complete anonymity.
So you will find your place upon this globe.”

No comments: